Sunday 1 March 2015

Metropol Parasol

Good morning everyone, well, can't you just tell I am back in the thick of it at work?  Not even a chance to read blogs, never mind comment or post.  But, only 4 weeks until the next holiday (one of the joys of working in a stressful school environment is the regularity of the breaks, and boy, do we need them, especially for those of us in behaviour management!)

So, in order to keep the memories fresh of my recent break in beautiful Seville, I would like to share some photos of the stunning Metropol Parasol - you can read more about it here.

Sit back, put your feet up, and enjoy!

 
Photos can only give an idea of the sheer size of this amazing structure




Even though starkly modern, it sits well amongst it's more venerable neighbours...



The whole structure reminded me of toadstools...


I'm missing that beautiful Andalusian sky, a shade of blue not quite replicated here in the UK...or, in fact, in this photo, the shade is a really deep blue...



Incredible design and engineering...



What a view, and yes, the cake and coffee were absolutely delicious!


It is possible to walk on top of this amazing structure, so we chose to return in the evening...



From the top, the structure reminded me of a coiled snake...



What a view, Seville is beautiful at any time of day or night...






Even the lift is amazing!  I took a photo of DH in here (won't share or he will probably never speak to me again!) as the lift reminded me of the Tardis from Doctor Who, and, as DH is in fact a Doctor I just couldn't resist (the kids thought it was hilarious!!)


Walking back to our hotel, we passed by the Catedral and the Bishops Palace...



Hopefully back soon with photos of our visit to the Real Alcazar.

Helenxx

8 comments:

  1. The building looks amazing.
    Julie xxxxxxxx
    My Amaryllis was a Christmas present from a friend and apparently it came from Marks & Spencers, think we will all be rushing to M&S at the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing structure and something I'd love to see for real.....one day perhaps! Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I had never even heard of the Metropol Parasol. It looks amazing. How wonderful to be able to visit such a beautiful place. Since I will probably never be able to visit it in person it's a treat to see it through your eyes. I'm looking forward to the next installment. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it lokks amazing, stunning architecture

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one far out structure! Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope your next school break is soon.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking that it reminded me of the underneath of mushrooms grown together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of an amazing structure.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!