Monday 29 December 2014

Festive Makes and Festive Bakes

Hello everyone, well am I enjoying these delightful "in-between" days of the Holidays - these are some of my favourite days of the whole year. 

I thought I would share what I have been up to over the last few weeks with crafting. 

First off, we have my what has become a traditional (and expected!) gift from me, lavender scented hearts...


Each one is slightly different...


I love the wintry fabric I chose for the hearts...


A different fabric, loved this too (the fabric shop had some great selections this year, it was hard to choose which ones to purchase!)




Then there were potholders in festive colours...



Here is everything together...


Now on to edible treats... mincepies with homemade mincemeat...

 

Truffles...




Boxed and wrapped ready to go...together with bags of caramel nuts and peanut butter fudge...



The house smelled like I imagine the shop in Chocolat smelled like!!



I get such a lot of joy from making these simple things for my loved ones, and judging by the response folks enjoy receiving them too.  Yes, it would be easier (and sometimes cheaper!) to buy things from the shops but I do get such a lot of enjoyment making them.

Did you make or receive any handmade gifts this year?

Helenxx

13 comments:

  1. Your makes are fabulous and no wonder your family and friends were pleased to receive them. I love the colours of the pot holders very festive and your treats look delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm just delicious Helen and so beautifully made. What wonderful gifts. Thanks for your sweet comment over on my blog this morning. If you email me via my profile page I can try to give you some card making advice. Enjoy the last of 2014. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy. Such lovely gifts. This year I was so busy. But I did make some bunting for friends.
    Next year I will start early. More home made instead of shop brought.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been so busy. I love my heart and am so glad to have won your giveaway. I have it hanging in my craft room/office. Thank you again.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Creations, I just have to have a piece of chocolate now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The heart you sent me is still sweetly hanging on my Christmas tree, but I think it will have to find another special spot to be hung so that I can enjoy viewing it all year long, Helen. Thank you again for creating it and sending it to me. Just in time I finished knitting a scarf for my youngest son and I made a few ornaments, too. I love seeing the wonderful gifts you made! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, you were a busy bee in the kitchen and sewing room! I can smell the chocolate from Texas, I swear! Homemade gifts are so nice and mean so much more...at least to most. I'm sure all your goodies were happily received. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made many things and received many handmade things.. and one of my favorite things was your wonderful handmade heart ornament. I will treasure it always. I actually think I will hang it on my grandfather clock to enjoy all year! Your yummies sound divine! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Helen! I so enjoyed seeing all of your "makes" for Christmas. I treasure the heart you gave me. I put away the Christmas decorations this morning but have your heart hanging up where it will stay all year. It reminds me of you everytime I see it. The goodies also look delicious. I wish I lived closer to sample them all...but I already over indulged this holiday and it's time to start watching what I eat so maybe it's good I don't live near you! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a talented lady Helen! That's a great idea for lavender which we have a lot of and I love your second potholder especially well. YUM to all your goodies--I was very thankful that one of my SIL's gifted us with several plates of goodies this year as we were in the middle of remodeling and I didn't make anything because of that. Of course, the hubby is back to work now, so maybe later this week :)
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful and creative. Happy 2015. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So funny to read about you making your gifts, I only commented to Tom the other day that people don't seem to make things any more for gifts.
    I used to make calenders when I was a child and always made toys for my kids. I think a lot of people are so brainwashed that shop things are best that the whole making things has largely gone out of the window.
    Your mince pies and choccy's look scrumptious and the little hearts are lovely.
    I hope 2015 brings you lots of love, peace and contentment.
    Hugs
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!