Sunday 27 July 2014

18th Birthday

Happy Birthday to my third eldest son who has just turned 18.  However did that happen, seems only yesterday that I was bringing him home...

Darling daughter donned her apron and made him a lovely lemon cheesecake for his birthday cake


She even made the ginger biscuits that made up the crust - even though her brother had chosen cheesecake so that she wouldn't have to slave over a hot oven...


The entire confection was covered with lemon flavoured meringue sprinkles and popping candy

 
She is getting quite arty at taking cake photos...
 
 
It was absolutely delicious, and didn't hang around for long!

He had a lovely day, got lots of presents and declared himself delighted with all of them.  He is such a lovely lad, with a very droll sense of humour.  He is (as all my kids are) very close to my Darling Mum who he spends each Saturday morning with, as well as visiting in the week.  She enjoys having long discussions with him about topics ranging from history to Doctor Who!

Thanks so much to all of you who made such lovely comments on my last post, I really appreciated it.  We celebrated again this week as my second son achieved his HNC in Media with merit this week - this is brilliant in and of itself, but also means he goes on to take the HND next year.  We are so proud of him.

Have a lovely Sunday, Helenxx

8 comments:

  1. I'm salivating here, I love lemon in anything and the biscuit base looks so crunchy.
    If you wondered where the time went, how do you think I feel, my eldest is 50 this year, help.....I can't be that old. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lots to celebrate at your house!
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your son!
    *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* to your other son!

    And what a good daughter you have! Enjoy your upcoming week.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell your wonderful son Happy Birthday for me, he sounds like a treasure. As does your darling daughter for making that cake and your other sons great success. Sounds like a happy week in your family.
    Hugs,
    meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so much to celebrate, Helen!! Thanks for letting us celebrate with you :) Happy Birthday and congratulations to your sons, and cheers to your daughter for creating such a yummy looking cheesecake for the birthday celebration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your thoughtful and caring 18-year-old and congratulations to your lovely daughter for the scrumptious looking cake, as well as to your second son for his huge achievement. Everything sounds fantastic in your family Helen and it's lovely to hear! xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your son, and the cake looks yummy
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm catching up with blogs!
    The cheesecake looks delicious, what a lucky young man to have a sister to make birthday cakes for him. Belated birthday wishes to him.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!