Tuesday 1 April 2014

April begins...

Good evening everyone - what a lovely Spring day it has been, a lovely way to welcome in the month of April...

(Image courtesy of Google)

No showers to report here, although it seemed more like Autumn early this morning, very damp and misty.  But the sun soon burned all the dampness away, leaving us with blue skies and fluffy blue clouds.

So here we are, week 13 of the Crochet Blanket Challenge - these four squares have been completed and added to the collection...


This is still proving to be a happy project, something that can be picked up and put down, carried around, little moments of crochet often snatched in the 10 minutes waiting for dinner to cook.  Ideal for my often frantic schedule.

I thought I would leave you with a photo of the cake my Darling Daughter made for me for Mothers Day, none left now of course...


Hope you are enjoying these early Spring days!

Helenxx

10 comments:

  1. Every time I see some crochet squares it reminds me of the basket in the corner with my squares and wool, I don't seem to be able to get around to them just lately. Am just finishing up my scrumble wall hanging.
    I love the look of that cake, lots of cream, just what I like.
    You must have quite a lot of square finished now.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cake, it turned out beautiful here today, very warm and sunny....oh and I'm loving these light nights! Happy crocheting :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was foggy here this morning but turned into a beautiful sunny day. I love that cake...it looks delicious!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an interesting work plus a beautiful cake for a beautiful mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blanket squares! What a good daughter you have!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake looks yummy
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, loving these early spring days and that sense of a promise of warmer days to come. And that cake looks sooo yummy!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely new crochet squares! And such a delicious-looking cake!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crochet squares are lovely, and the cake even lovelier! Yumm!
    I've recently started blogging, it would be lovely to see you over at emeraldcottage.blogspot.co.uk Jillx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have just seen your comment on Lyn's Everyday Life blog. Yes, do join us in choosing a tree and following its progress through the year. There's more information - and a list of participants - on the Loose and Leafy Tree Following Page

    http://looseandleafy.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-is-tree-following-and-list-of-tree.html

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!