Sunday 13 October 2013

What a treat!

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I was lucky enough to go to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace in London courtesy of my bestest friend Sue.  Our daughters came along, and DH was the chauffeur!  I was really looking forward to it as you can imagine.

Although I didn't get to take any photos inside the show (too busy looking around, and it was so crowded) I took these in the grounds of the Ally Pally (it's affectionate nickname).

Wonderful views of my beloved London skyline:


Here is the Alexandra Palace - it used to be BBC studios until the early 1980's, hence the transmitter mast:


Back inside, I actually had the chance to be the stall holder for a few minutes, great fun, whilst Sue had a quick break.  All too soon the it was closing time, and it was time to walk back to the car, which we had to park about a mile away as the Ally Pally car parks were full.  Sue was staying in a hotel nearer to London, so our plan was to drop her off there to save her having to take the tube.  However, DH was persuaded by Darling Daughter to take us into the city centre for an evening walk along the Thames!  It was really lovely, plenty of photo opportunities...


Well, we were starting to get a bit hungry so DH treated us to a meal at Pizza Hut - yummy!  What a star!  Sue and I realised we hadn't been to London together since we were both 18 - we had been on a trip together from Art College, so it was extra special. 

It was a fabulous day and night out with family and friends, and DH was an absolute star - men were in short supply at the K&SS and he is not really what you would call an arty person.

Sue reported that the show had been a great success, which I'm absolutely delighted about.  All in all, a great weekend!

Helenxx



8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time, were off to London next week for 2 days I can't wait! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely day out, and your pics are lovely. Well done to your DH, he's a keeper - don't think I'd even attempt to get mine to tag along!
    Have a good week
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, I bet you had the best time and got to see so many amazing things.
    hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like great fun! Most certainly would like to go to the Knitting and Stitching show....wish they'd do something like that over here....sigh!!! Great views of London and brings back memories of the years I spent living in the capital. I keep saying to my Sr P it is about time we went back for a little break away!

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    PS: Hope you received my parcel !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend :) It sounded like fun to me, too!
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photos taken along the Thames River--sooo beautiful at night! . It must be exciting to visit a place where there is so much history and beautiful architecture!
    Blessings,
    Aimee
    PS: Once, a very long time ago, I had the chance to see a little piece of London when we visited Lake Havasu, Arizona and saw the 'reconstructed' London Bridge there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat indeed, thank you so, so much to you and your other half, and dear daughter for making Saturday one of the best days ever for H and me, you really are a very special friend, the best ever.
    Sue Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like it was a wonderful trip, and anytime someone can go to London... it's going to be a great day right?
    Have a great rest of your week,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!