Saturday 29 December 2012

Loving these in-between days...

Hi everyone, hope you are keeping cosy today, the weather outside is truly frightful, hasnt got light yet (even though it is lunchtime, this is how it must be in Scandinavia at this time of year), lashing it down with rain (at least in Finland or somewhere like that it would be snow!!) and very windy.

BUT - I love these in-between days in the holidays, not quite one thing or the other, and the bleak weather outside makes being inside even more appealing dont you think?

Im lucky in that I am on holiday for a while longer, so Im making the most of these lazy, comfy, cosy days.

I have had time to do a bit of cross-stitching - all to be revealed soon...


...time for reading, these lovely vintage books were gifted to me by Sue from @home - she knows me too well...


Enjoying the cosy candle light, this was a gift to me recently from my DD, she knows me so well...lovely autumnal motif....and the candle was a yankee candle scent called warm spice - I wish you could smell it - the most super, comforting, something-nice-baking scent you could ever wish for...


And yesterday we had a lovely celebration round at mine as my darling Mum turned 87 years young - this is the cake I made for her...


...all gone now of course!  It was a lemon cake, filled with cream and lemon curd.  DH made us a fantastic roast dinner, the evening was full of laughter and memories.  My darling Mum taught me the love of all things crafty and creative when I was little, when we truly did have to make do and mend.  Thanks Mum!

Well, Im off to make another cuppa, and get on with a bit more leisurely stitching.

Have a lovely day!

Helenxx

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your mum! That cake looks so yummy :)

    Enjoy your crafty time! Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there. Thank you so much for popping over to CHalky's World and leaving such a lovely supportive comment. I am so glad you had such a happy time with your Mum and I truly hope both our Mother In Laws are returned to better health. Happy new year to you and your family.
    Kindest regards linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen,the weather here in Wales is the same,awful. A great day to do nothing but cosy up and crochet :o) Enjoy your days off and a big happy birthday to your mum,that cake looks delicious!
    Love Juliexxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bleurghhh. I agree, terrible weather makes for cosy indoors. Happy Days. Best wishes for 2013. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your Mum raised you to be happy, positive and creative.. lucky you!
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen,
    I'm pleased you liked your 'new' cookery books :) I should have popped by last night, wish your Mum a very Happy Birthday from me, can't wait to see what you've been stitching. See you soon.... Has H got any fireworks yet? If not, perhaps he could do one of his deals and get some for us?
    Sue Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your Mum, cake looks delicious! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like the perfect day to stay inside and create. I love a good rainy day, well only if I don't have to be out in it.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my 5th Blessings post - lovely to meet you! I totally agree about "in between days" - they have something all their own and are perfect for a bit of leisured craftiness, accompanied by plenty of cups of tea (and cake!) of course! Happy Birthday to your Mum and Happy Stitching! E x

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are the best days in the whole world. I put my little snowflake light on every evening. and love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hard to believe I am very happy to be joined commented here, it makes an experience for me obiyudin
    cara menurunkan berat badan tanpa diet ketat

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!