Saturday 22 December 2012

Crafty makes for Christmas

Good morning everyone - a wet, dull day but whatever - the holidays have started - yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Two whole weeks off, I can hardly believe that its finally here.  Im so tired from work, I have been just crawling along to make it to the end of term - but, finally -

(and you dont have to worry about marking or planning for next week!!!!)

So whilst in this deliriously happy mood, I thought I would share a few of the things I have been making as gifts for Christmas (none of these are destined for any bloggers so they are not getting sneakly previews!)


I made quite a few, they are stuffed with soothing lavender


I used running stitch instead of blanket stitch this time, and cut out the felt with pinking shears


I rather like the effect, what do you think?

Then I got my knitting needles out


and made a frilly scarf for my cousin -


The colours are much richer than they look in the photo, Im just hoping she likes it!  They are lovely and warm, I have made a couple for myself as well - they are really lightweight but snuggly at the same time.  Perhaps the lacey nature of the yarn traps in the heat?

Well, Im off out in a bit with DH to do a bit of shopping - nothing too stressful today.  Might make my own mincemeat this evening - there is a nice recipe on the BBC food website - I replace the alcohol with orange juice and the suet for the veggie version.  It is absolutely delicious and takes no time to make if you have a food processor.  My daughter is making the mince pies tomorrow, whilst son makes the veggie sausage rolls.  I meantime am going to be tackling a new treat, but I cant say too much at this point as if it works out well a reader of this blog might just be receiving some of them (nod nod, wink wink, say no more.........)

Have a wonderful Saturday, Helenxx

8 comments:

  1. Merry festiveness my dear. I too plan to make mince pies later. Have a cool Yule. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hearts and i love your energy.Could you send some my way?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, I those those hearts you've made! I adore handmade felt ornaments and love the way you put them together.
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all the recipients of your lovely gifts will be thrilled. You are so kind to take the time to make something from the heat!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that anyone that receives this is very blessed! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hearts are really lovely, Helen...the stitching is super! And I saw a scarf at the craft store several days ago that is similar to yours and it felt wonderful to the touch. Thanks for posting! xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hearts look really affective with the white running stitch against the red.

    I hope you have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!