Saturday 28 July 2012

Let the Games Begin!!

Hello everyone!

Im still breathless from watching the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games - absolutely spectacular! 

The pictures below are taken from the BBC News website- I was not lucky enough to actually be there...


The noise made by these fireworks must have been phenomenal!!

But for me, the highlight was the lighting of the spectacular cauldron



It appealed to both my husband and I - he as an engineer and me as someone with "artistic tendancies"!!  And I loved the fact that young athletes lit the cauldron - very fitting to the motto of the games "inspire a generation".


Good luck to all the teams - but especially team GB!!!!

Helenxx

7 comments:

  1. It was spectactular wasn't it?
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. its was ace wasn't it!!!

    i'm going next saturday! wahooo can't wait - 3am start though!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous wasn't it. We're going on the 8th. Can't wait!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was simply amazing! Loved it all :)

    Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a little unsure at first but what a show! In fact, once I got my head round the fact that it was more of the Ultimate West End Show I absolutely loved it - loved the music. A very feel good show - go team GB! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh it was good wasn't it?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed the whole thing, being in Atlanta with my son. I missed all of yesterdays events, too. But I am home now and ready to watch it all today.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!