Monday 2 January 2012

Celebrations

Good morning - I hope that you all enjoyed your New Year celebrations and that 2012 has got off to a great start.

We saw in the New Year with Sue and her lovely family - we had such a great time.  As usual, if the weather is good for one of our get-togethers round at her house (she has the most amazing and large garden) we had a bonfire (made of some of our old no-longer repairable IKEA chairs - this by the way is not a piece of negative feedback for the chairs but one of our sons has a tendancy to swing back on them and over about 8 years they finally gave up the ghost)

add some fireworks into the mix...


Then it was back inside for party nibbles and non-alcholic bubbly.  All in all a fantastic night with a fantastic bunch of people.  We used to be of those that spent a boring night in front of the TV on New Years Eve until 3 years ago when we decided to do something a bit different.  Neither family drinks alcohol so a night out on the town isnt quite our thing.  So this is absolutely ideal - big garden for bonfire, fireworks and for the kids to run around, and then be treated to Sue's awesome catering!  We didnt get home until 2am!!!! But on our way out we checked the fire again, its was still glowing


Thanks again Sue for such a lovely time.

Helenxx

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fab time!

    Happy New Year!

    Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea. My husband and I sat out by the fire, it was lovely and warm here in Florida. Perfect. Happy 2012!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...just popped over via The Felt Fairy to say I am joining in the Monthly Make...hope to keep up with you through 2012...Happy New Year...

    Kirsti xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks a lovely way to see in 2012! Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I have just popped over from Kathys Blog, and I will be poppping back often. I look forward to seeing you Scavenger hunt photos!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there-- Thank you so much for entering my Giveaway at " Chalky's World!" You have won so I would love it if you could pop over to my blog and send me your address via email which you can find on my blog!
    Thank you again for joining in the fun and I am so glad you won
    Love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I do love a bonfire. Bit of a pyromanic me. Once burnt off me eyelashes and eyebrows!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!